CLC’s latest update – Version 4 – incorporate a number of technical changes as a result of the recently published Government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Construction & Other Outdoor Work.
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has released the fourth version of its Site Operating Procedures which includes advice on face to face contact, PPE, site access and welfare facilities and risk assessments.
The key changes in Version 4 of the SOP include:
- Removing the requirement for face-to-face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less
- The section on PPE now links to the latest government guidance on face coverings
- New references to one-way systems and reconfiguration of seating and tables
- Update on portable toilets
- A requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.
It should be noted that other restrictions and advice on construction work may be applied in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Where workers enter people’s homes, they should follow the Government guidance on Working in Other People’s Homes
View the full guidance here.